Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to combine Set Analysis and Aggr functions?

Hello people.

I'd like to know if I'm trying to do something impossible in QlikView because it didn't work.

I want to select just the current (or other) month and year in my calendar. Once that the current month and year are selected I need to sum the sales from the current period and compare it with the same month but one year before. In other words what I want is to compare sales from Nov/2009 with Nov/2008.

The biggest problem here is not to get the values. It's how to combine Set Analysis and Aggr functions to show them by selecting only one month and year.

I know that I can get the correct values that I need by making a sum in the script, like I did in the attached file. But I have a bigger problem to solve with the same idea and it would be harder to solve it in the script. I'm sending an example to clarify my idea.

Thanks in advance.

Huberto P. Haidemann

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Huberto,

Unfortunatelly I have bad news for you, I've proved why you can use the aggregate function into a set analysis, when you use the aggr function it omits the set which is being implemented, you can see and understand better looking at my example attached. The Ano column shows the diference between using the sum function with and without aggr function.

I hope this help you.

Best regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel.

Thank you so much, you were very helpful.

I figure out that, but like I'm new in QlikView I asked for the community to be sure.

So, I'm going to think in another way to do what I need.

Best regards.

Huberto.