Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Missing data based on load order

Depending on the load order of various databases in QlikView, we seem to be missing portions of our data out of some of them.

Example:

Run QVW files in the following order:

1. QVD output to file:
    1. General Ledger
    2. Enterprise system
    3. Government certification requirements
  2. "Database builder" - takes all QVD's and reads them in, along with a few mapping connections and account security settings
  3. Dashboard - loads DB builder from a binary and contains charts, graphs, and KPI's

and all of the data is there, but run the files in the following order instead:

1. QVD output to file:
    1. General Ledger
    2. Government certification requirements
    3. Enterprise system
  2. Database builder
  3. Dashboard

and somehow some of the departments are missing from the certification requirements data.

We've also seen (related?) that sometimes if we add a new chart to our dashboard that counts/calculations will be wrong on other charts in the dashboard and the dashboard file size will be smaller than it had previously been (before the new chart) until we reload the database builder and the dashboard again.

Has anyone else seen this? Have an explanation?

4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

So the only difference I see is the order of QVD builds in step #1, correct? Can you post the script for Step #1?

If you can't post the script, examine the use of exists(), join, drop -- these are all items that could be affected by the order of things.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Rob Wunderlich wrote:
So the only difference I see is the order of QVD builds in step #1, correct? Can you post the script for Step #1?
If you can't post the script, examine the use of exists(), join, drop -- these are all items that could be affected by the order of things.
-Rob<div></div>

Thank you so much for your help. Each portion of #1 is actually a separate QVW file being loaded with many separate scripts creating many separate QVD's as its output. None of the QVD creators in step #1 have any dependencies on the others, to my knowledge. Table viewer in our dashboard looks a little like a plate of spaghetti with 27 tables in it and there are probably about 60-ish pages of load script altogether in the QVD creators.

As far as I am aware, nothing that's loaded from QVD into the database builder is dropped as a full table (just individual fields) and there are no joins or exists()'s in there, but I'll take a look and post back if I'm wrong.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Holly M.

I know this is an old thread but it sounds very similar to intermittent Data Loss we are experiencing.

I've just replied to someone elses recent post here http://community.qlik.com/message/197579 which explains what we are seeing.

In short I have created a document that runs on the QV server, loads data from various tables in a SQL database, writes each result set to a QVD file, then checks the count of records that were loaded into the QVD's.  Our source database isn't changing so we expect the record counts to be constant.  Unfortunately we are seeing random data loss - sometimes of only a few records sometimes over a thousand.

We have tried a number of things but nothing has resolved it.

Did you manage to resolve your problem?

Andrew

Not applicable
Author

We have same problem. We loading the data from SAP using connector.  We are seeing randam data loss and we couldn't able to figure it out what wrong. It seems we missing some data packets. Is there any fix for this issue.

Srinivas.