Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shumailh
Creator III
Creator III

Make Application Favourite on a Browser

Can we make the application path as in favourite? because everytime my executive user need to go in to multiple folders to open an application as attached.

Regards,
Shumail Hussain

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

To enable setting a Favourite in IE for the Plugin, we used to use the QVP://server/docname.qvw address. However, IE8 doesn't seem to like this and I don't want to have to hack registry entries to make it work.

The alternate is to use the server's web pages to load the qvw:

http://server/QvPlugin/opendoc.htm?document=docname.qvw

This address can now be added into Favourites or, indeed, made as the default in IE.

Stephen

View solution in original post

11 Replies
shumailh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Moreover, this application is for daily portfolio analysis having 32 QVD for a month in which 1 is for transactional, 1 for demographical & financial data and remaining are daily portfolio update.
At the end of each month I need to create a monthly folder and paste this application with the configuration file whereas the QVDs are generated through other application also handle through the configuration file. Below is some code of this application showing, how I am handling with the QVDs and monthly table.

$(include=Configuration.txt);
let Outputpath= '$(prepath)' & '\Output\' & '$(mn)' & '\Cards\QVDs\';
let inputpath = '$(prepath)' & '\Input \' & '$(mn)' & '\Cards\QVDs\';

I think I can develop a centralize application which will handle all monthly folders and user can directly select the desired month with analysis from this application.
Would appreciate if you could have some thoughts on how else I can handle it better?

prieper
Master II
Master II

When using QV-client, you have the point "Favourites" in the "File"-Menu. For the plug-in have no solution.

HTH
Peter

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Can you reply me on my second post. Any suggestion on it.

Regards,
Shumail Hussain

prieper
Master II
Master II

A reply will depend very much on your local requirements,
can you - instead of daily files - concatenate them into one incremental monthly qvd?
can you - instead of storing the appl into individual directories, put them into one central one?

You may also create one central application, where your users enter required parameters and then compile necessary strings in order to open another application by pressing a button.

Peter

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Peter

Thanks for the quick help.

Actually my data is huge. there are 2 source file, one is transactional with small size about 5 to 15 MB and other is portfolio which is about 400 MB. On a daily basis i download these files from server and perform some filtering using qlikview to generate 3 qvd's.

1. ActiveCards_{day}.qvd ---contains updated financial data
2. Txn_{serial}{MMM}{YY}.qvd (incremental file) transactional data
3. FGBCHB.qvd (updated daily) contains demographical data

If i further concatenate this data on monthly basis than i think the response time will increases. for the concatenation of activecards file i would require to develop another application because this file is incremental.

Attach herewith is my file directory,

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

To enable setting a Favourite in IE for the Plugin, we used to use the QVP://server/docname.qvw address. However, IE8 doesn't seem to like this and I don't want to have to hack registry entries to make it work.

The alternate is to use the server's web pages to load the qvw:

http://server/QvPlugin/opendoc.htm?document=docname.qvw

This address can now be added into Favourites or, indeed, made as the default in IE.

Stephen

Not applicable

Regarding the reload of the qvd related to the month, there are different ways:

If a user reload the application, then you can use an inputbox function to ask for the month and then select only qvds (by name or modification date) related to the days in this month and the month.

If you are working on a publisher reloaded application, in this cas each day you reload the application for the current month and then you distribute it based on the variable name containing the month ...

Sébastien

shumailh
Creator III
Creator III
Author

When i try to use the QVP protocol following message appears Tongue Tied

QVP:\\serverqlikview\reports\nov09\portfolio.qvw

stephencredmond
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

So don't use it.

It probably means that you have some kind of execution lock down.

Like I mentioned above, we now use something like:

http://serverqlikview/QvPlugin/opendoc.htm?document=reports/nov09/portfolio.qvw

BTW, you should use "/" not "\"

Stephen