Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Connecting to Novell eDirectory

Hi all,

I've been getting several questions from customers about Novell eDirectory lately. Has anyone been successful at authenticating users against Novell eDirectory?

As far as I can see there are two possible scenarios:

1. Give Novell users / groups filesystem-level access to QVWs on the server (using QVserver in NTFS mode) -> am I correct on this one, or is this only possible for Windows domains?
  2. Find a DSP (directory service plugin) which will communicate with eDirectory, and use QVserver DMS mode -> haven't seen a trace yet of any DSP for eDirectory yet...
  3. (Scenario 2b: install the SDK and build your own DSP...)

Could anyone of you tell me if my assumption in scenario 1 is correct (as I'm not an eDirectory expert), or does anyone know if there already is an eDirectory DSP?

With regards,

Martijn ter Schegget
CND Development

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Option 1 works well for us.

Including use of section access and 'single sign on'

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply; haven't been able to verify your reply because at this customer's site the server isn't in the same 'domain' (or whatever it's called by Novell) as the clients.

Regards,

Martijn

(PS: note to myself: verify answer when on customer location where this scenario can be verified Smile )

Not applicable
Author

Hi Martijn,

How did you solve this? If you have got any idea about the custom DSP to connect to custom directory, please share it here.

Regards,

Robins

Not applicable
Author

Hi Robins,

I worked around it (during a SIB) by manually creating local accounts on the server; the users logged in with these accounts instead of their eDirectory accounts.

Still haven't heard from anyone who's succesfully used eDirectory logins yet...

Regards,

Martijn ter Schegget
CND Development

Not applicable
Author

look at this soloution. but i think it down works with v10

http://community.qlik.com/groups/swedish_municipalities_group/media/p/129890.aspx

Not applicable
Author

burny123: your link is down.

are there somewhere examples for ldap connection to novell edirectory?

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

however the customer needs to have EE license ?