Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need Help Regarding Filtering Data

Hi. I have 2 lists of information. the first list contains information regarding over 100 agencies across 15 lines of Business.

The second list is a list of agencies and their excluded Business lines.

I have combined the 2 lists and am able to view the total data, and the data on the excluded lines, but what I can't do is filter out the excluded Business to just leave the non-excluded Business.

Any thoughts??

I have recreated the issue in a very simplified version in the attached files :-

3 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Here it is

Not applicable
Author

Alessandro, thanks for taking the time to answer this. I am still using my Personal edition of Qlikview until I am able to demonstrate a rationale for a licence based on finding solutions for things like this, so am unable to open your amended file. are you ableto explain in words to me what steps you have gone through?

Regards,

Chris

Nicole-Smith

It isn't working because QV doesn't allow you to select a null value to filter on, so what you need to do is populate those null values with something.  Here is an example of how to do that with your sample data in the load script (if you swap out the load script you have in your sample file, and replace it with this, you should see that the nulls are replaced by "Not Excluded", and you can then click on the value):

Data:

LOAD Agency,

[Bus Class],

Premium

FROM Data.xls

(biff, embedded labels);

LEFT JOIN (Data)

LOAD Agency,

[Bus Class],

Excluded as ExcludedTemp

FROM Exclusions.xls

(biff, embedded labels);