Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

on an externale event / trigger from SAP process chain possible?

Hi Community

Version 9.0

Today we had a first meeting at a prospective client. The automation of load processes was a primary concern, therefore lot’s of questions about the SAP Connector came up.

In the section (QEMC) Source Documents > Triggers > Current Triggers the configuration can set to “on an external event”. According to this it should be possible to hand over the information from a SAP process chain to the QV Server.

There are two questions:

-          How can I guarantee that SAP data in a InfoCube or DSO will be updated in a QV application automatically? Is it – for example – possible to hand over an SAP event out of a process chain to the QV Server? If yes, how?

-          Is it also possible for Access DB and Excel-Files which are updated?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Claudio

… ps: already went through different articles and found several interesting topics. But nothing helped me. If there are other articles, please just refer on them.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
you can trigger the execution of a task from an external procedure that is able to create an xml http request to qtxs.asmx webservice.
See QVS manual for documentation at chapter 26.2 of QVS ver 9, bye.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The external trigger will "trigger" an event on the Qlikview Server.

Each application in Qlikview is then able to run and generate datawarehouse files called QVD.

One QVD file is one table...

Qlikview can be developped to do incremental loads ( handles insert only / inser / update , insert / update / delete).

In most cases you'll need to develop the qlikview application in order to handle the incremental updates, that means you'll have to define strategies for the different tables.

I hope it answer to your questions.

Rgds,

Sébastien

Not applicable
Author

Normal 0 21 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hi Sébastien

One of the main advantages of the AJAX architecture is the inherent asynchronous
update capability to provide quick, incremental updates to the user
interface, without requiring a browser page refresh. --> Reference Manual QV Server

Normal 0 21 MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 The client requires the following overall process:

1. SAP BI process chains
  2. QV task triggered by successfully finished process chain (1)

The client doesn't want to define dependencies between SAP and QV workflows.

Hope this is a more clearly explanation of my problem.

Regards,

Claudio

Not applicable
Author

Hi,
you can trigger the execution of a task from an external procedure that is able to create an xml http request to qtxs.asmx webservice.
See QVS manual for documentation at chapter 26.2 of QVS ver 9, bye.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

We are trying to launch a Qlikview task from SAP. We are using Qlikview version 9 SR2.

Using EDX trigger(with HTTP posts and tokens) from internet explorer works fine.

However, we are facing an authorisation issue when sending the HTTP posts from SAP. Instead of receiving a reply with a "GetTimeLimitedRequestKeyResult" from the server, we are getting an authorisation denied 401 error message. From what I understood, the distribution web service is set up with NTLM authorisation.

I am curious to know how you set up your parameters to chain SAP and Qlikview using the xml http request

Regards,

Corine Lee Baw

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

we are facing the same authentication problem in. Is there anybody knowing a solution?

kind regards

Birgit

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

The user doing the EDX request must be a "QlikView Administrator" member with QV9 if you don't have publisher.

If you have publisher or QV10 user can send an EDX Request being a member of the "QlikView EDX" group.

Not applicable
Author

We have QV 9 and Publisher. The user sendig EDX request is member of the local QV admin group on QV server.

Our SAP server is member of a workgoup and QV Server is member of a different domain. Networkconnection is open on board 4720 for both directions. I am not sure, if the EDX request rearly arrives on our QV Server.

Do you know a QV log file, where I shall find the incoming EDX requests?  I did not find a request iin WebService log.

thanks for your help

Birgit

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I don't believe EDX requests get logged anywhere, you could try changing logs to debug mode and see if you catch anything else.

Have you tried running the EDX request with that user from the same server QV is running?

Not applicable
Author

i've already tried running EDx request on same server, and it worked correctly, and i did not finde anything in webservice log file, althoug it is already in debug mode. So I think you are right, there is no logging of this.