Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Sorting question

Hello,

I have a couple of date list boxes which are as follows:

Year - YEAR_ACTIVITY

Month - MONTH_ACTIVITY (sorted by expression MONTH_ACTIVITY_NUM)

Day - MONTHDAY_ACTIVITY

The month/day is shown as JAN(01) JAN(02) etc.  However when sorting this it does not load in month and numberical order.  (As you can see below).

Can anyone advise on how to load this in month and numerical order, JAN(01) JAN(02) etc?

(If it helps, it is loaded in the script as to_char(vat.EVTDATE,'MON(DD)') as MONTHDAY_ACTIVITY)     

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Doesn't sort by text A->Z help? It seems to work just fine on my end unless i'm missing something.

test-sort.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Doesn't sort by text A->Z help? It seems to work just fine on my end unless i'm missing something.

test-sort.png

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Rather bring in vat.EVTDATE into Qlikview as a date, and use the Month() function to create the month as a dual value and the Day() function to get the day number. To create a month/day field, create a dual value with the month/day as text and the actual date as the value. Assuming you passed EVTDATE into your model, you could use:

LOAD

Date(EVTDATE) As DATE_ACTIVITY,

Month(EVTDATE) As MONTH_ACTIVITY,

Dual(Month(EVTDATE) & '(' & Day(EVTDATE) & ')', EVTDATE) As MONTHDAY_ACTIVITY,

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

I must have tried everything apart from that however I am sure I did!  It's working now! (Feel a bit silly for asking such a simple question).

Thank you!!

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Its possible you dont want the year of the date to affect the month/day field. If so, change the line to

Dual(Month(EVTDATE) & '(' & Day(EVTDATE) & ')', MakeDate(1900, Month(EVTDATE), Day(EVTDATE))) As MONTHDAY_ACTIVITY,

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

we have all been there! i'm glad you got that sorted out.