Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding state identifiers changes count values

I want to apologize ahead of time for the text explanation without a file sample.  Tough to make a sample and can't share actual data.

I have WeekStateA and WeekStateB, both are week selections so I can compare the volume of incidents created for a product, region, and business unit between the weeks.

Instead of creating product, region, and business unit list boxes for each state, I added some identifiers to the expression in an attempt to filter based on inherited state selections.

This was my count expression (calculating deltas for product, region, business unit based on State A and State B date selections):

Count(Distinct {WeekStateB} Incident_Number) - Count(Distinct {WeekStateA} Incident_Number)

This works great when I am looking at the data without any selections made on the inherited state but when I select a product in the inherited state (by clicking the product name in a chart) region and business unit do not change.  So I added identifiers to allow the selection of a product, region, business unit in inherited state:

Count(Distinct {WeekStateB <Product=$::Product,Region=$::Region,BU=$::BU>} Incident_Number) - Count(Distinct {WeekStateA <Product=$::Product,Region=$::Region,BU=$::BU>} Incident_Number)

As soon as I add identifiers to filter the data in both states, my values start changing w/o any selections made on the inherited state.  Am I using the wrong identifiers or something?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Count values were changing with additional state identifiers due to null values.  I added null as value to my load script and it fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I created a sample dataset using mockaroo and cannot replicate the issue...  Must be a problem with my data somewhere.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Count values were changing with additional state identifiers due to null values.  I added null as value to my load script and it fixed the issue.