Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

MYOB into Qlikview

Hi

I have been trying to work out how I can get a database that sits behind MYOB into Qlikview so that I can start making a dashboard based on the data.

My question is, does MYOB simply have a .mdb or .accdb file I can connect via ODBC to Qlikview?

I have tried searching around for some advice on this but might be barking up the wrong tree with my searches.

I am using MYOB Accounting and Qlikview 11

Any help would be absolutely brilliant.

Cheers

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hey Will,

Answered in person already, for others tackling this problem:

Assuming you've created installed the MYOB odbc drivers, if you go to odbcad32 (Under windows/system32) and add a new myob odbc connection and point it to your .myo file. This should then show up in Qlikview when you add a new ODBC connection string.

Cheers,

Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hey Will,

Answered in person already, for others tackling this problem:

Assuming you've created installed the MYOB odbc drivers, if you go to odbcad32 (Under windows/system32) and add a new myob odbc connection and point it to your .myo file. This should then show up in Qlikview when you add a new ODBC connection string.

Cheers,

Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help, again!

For anyone wondering, the ODBC drivers are found in the MYOB16 folder under 'ODBC Direct 6'

Run the setup and this will install the driver. You can then follow the above steps to complete the connection.