Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Does it works on windows server 2012 R2, and Qlikview desktop for windows 8 11.20 SR5

Does QDFworks on windows server 2012 R2, and Qlikview desktop for windows 8 11.20 SR5

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Igor, You need to run QlikView in elevated privileges, as it states in the ReadMe file.
There is a cmd script file you can create that boosts the privilege, try this.

Cheers

Magnus

UAC Command line script example

Here is another and more flexible example how to get around UAC, in this case create a script and place it in 0.Administration container base path. Right click on the cmd file and select Run As Administrator.

This one works with UNC path as well

@echo off

:: Change VEPath if Deployment Framework structure is modified

SET VEPath=\6.Script\2.VariableEditor

:: Mount folder in VEPath

pushd "%~dp0%VEPath%"

:: Execute VariableEditor.qvw

VariableEditor.qvw

:: Unmount folder

popd

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Igor, the Prerequisites states:

Microsoft Net 4.0 or 4.5 Framework is needed to run the Deploy Tool

 The Deploy Tool have been tested on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 2012 Server

 The Deploy Tool needs elevated privileges (Popup box will appear if UAC is activated)

8.1 and 2012 R2 will probably work, try. If you have any problems open a tread and we will address this and send out an update.

Best regards

Magnus  

Not applicable
Author

I have tried QDF in on windows server 2012 R2, with Qlikview desktop for windows 8 11.20 SR5, and its does not work.

First time I opened VariableEditor  I got a popup box asking for admin privileges I accepted, after that its only crashes when I open VariableEditor and I don’t get any error messages.

I call Qliktech and they told me that they don’t support Qlikview on windows server 2012 R2.

(I have also installed QvS and QvP 11.20  SR5 for windows 2012. It seems to work)

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

Hi Igor, You need to run QlikView in elevated privileges, as it states in the ReadMe file.
There is a cmd script file you can create that boosts the privilege, try this.

Cheers

Magnus

UAC Command line script example

Here is another and more flexible example how to get around UAC, in this case create a script and place it in 0.Administration container base path. Right click on the cmd file and select Run As Administrator.

This one works with UNC path as well

@echo off

:: Change VEPath if Deployment Framework structure is modified

SET VEPath=\6.Script\2.VariableEditor

:: Mount folder in VEPath

pushd "%~dp0%VEPath%"

:: Execute VariableEditor.qvw

VariableEditor.qvw

:: Unmount folder

popd

Magnus_Berg
Employee
Employee

You can also try this:

Variable Editor Shortcut when using UAC

The default Variable Editor Shortcut will not work when UAC is activated and folders are secured. Workaround is to modify the Variable Editor shortcut for your file system (not relative as the default shortcut) change target to:

“%ProgramFiles%\QlikView\Qv.exe" "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\0.Administration\6.Script\2.VariableEditor\VariableEditor.qvw

In properties click the box Advanced and activate Run as Administrator

Not applicable
Author

Now it works with the cmd file. Thanks Magnus