Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

AGGR

Hi

I have some difficulies to understand well the AGGR( ) function, which is very useful as I saw in the forum

Is anybody can give me some example to be more confortable with or some argument.

Thanks again for your time.

Jean-Jacques

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I use aggr function when i have to simulate where clause in a graph.

For example: Display a graph with articles more than 5 of quantity.

You have to perform an expression ( for example sum(ITEM_QTY) ) and decide if your article should taken or not. Tha aggr function let you to bring this decision.

In the graph you have also to check that you don't want to display null value dimensions.

See this example

Hope this help

Wink

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Jean-Jacques,
There could be many very different situation. Only one example:
There are two tables:

Master:
SalesId,
SalesDate,
Amount,
FROM...;
Details:
SalesId,
Product,
FROM ...;

You can see that the relation is one (Master record) to many (Details records). You certainly can join into one table, but it will mutliply the number of records.
In case you don't have to join them, the expression sum(Amount) will work fine. But if for any reason you have to join, the result will be incorrect. It can be corrected by using sum(aggr(only(Amount), SalesId)). No matte rhow many times the same SalesId appear in the table, it's Amoun twill be used only once in the sum().
Apparently the example is not typical, just for illustration.

Not applicable
Author

Yep ! i understand why i don't have the need to use AGGR, it's because i never joined table.

Thanks Michael.

JJ

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

So what about if you did not join the tables and you want to plot the average amount of Detail records per Master record. (E.g. Average Products per SalesId.) Would the expression be "avg(aggr(count(Product), SalesId))" or what would that give me?

/Niclas

Not applicable
Author

I use aggr function when i have to simulate where clause in a graph.

For example: Display a graph with articles more than 5 of quantity.

You have to perform an expression ( for example sum(ITEM_QTY) ) and decide if your article should taken or not. Tha aggr function let you to bring this decision.

In the graph you have also to check that you don't want to display null value dimensions.

See this example

Hope this help

Wink

Not applicable
Author

nice example Bud !

it's better than to create a flag as i did.

regards

JJ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bud,

I am also facing problem in understanding about aggr. Can you please explain me how the below code behaves as i don't have any clue on how it works. For your reference i have attached the same document which i downloaded for understanding about aggr. Hope you can provide me the solution.

count(if(aggr(sum(sales), year, company)>iDiffValue,1))

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Now I think AGGR is the best function in QV. With this, you don't need to aggregate the data outside of QV.

In the example you mentionned you have 3 steps ;:

1) for each year and for each company, you sum the sales => A

2) if A > threshold , you count 1 => B

3) a after you count the number of B

Hope to help you.

Look at this example with 2 AGGR !

= Sum( Aggr( Max( aggr( sum(Close_Hour-Open_Hour)*24 , pcbur , Period) ) , pcbur) )

I just want to calculate the how many hours all the stores (pcbur) of an area (my dimension) are open by week.

regards.

jj

Not applicable
Author

Hi JJ,

I am totally confused here. Still i am not able to understand anything :-(. Could you please work it on in my document so that it is understandable for me. Also requesting you to explain it with some sample data also.

Not applicable
Author

Hi JJ,

I am waiting for your reply. Requirement is very urgent please help me out.

Regards,

Rikab