Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to capture object maximized, minimized status to conditionally show/hide another object(s)

Hello QlikView Experts,

My humble beginnings with QlikView application development has brought me to this interesting situation. I have to create an application that should have 2 pivot tables in a single tab. But the Textboxes, current selection box etc should show selections exclusively for each pivot table selected. For this I have made use of alternate state and this works good so far.

However, my second (and perhaps the only) challenge here now is how to dynamically show / hide the list boxes, selection box on this tab which will be based on the pivot table currently maximized?  Just so I am making sense here: Pivot1 when maximized should show textbox1 ,selection box1 similarly Pivot2 when maximized should show textbox2, selection box2 on that same tab and automatically must hide textbox1, selection box1 etc.

I know this can be achieved using macros and I went through some forums to get around it too :- http://www.qlikcommunity.com/thread/10863 but I am not able to get the code to work.

Any suggestions, help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Nakul

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can avoid using macros by utilizing a button that would switch between two conditions.

If condition is 1, you have Pivot1 restored, Pivot2 minimized and show textbox1 and selection box1.  On the button click, you restore Pivot2, minimize Pivot1, hide  textbox1 and selection box1, and show  textbox2 and selection box2.

On the next button click, you reverse all that.
No pain...