Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Container issue

Hi,

This my first post so apologies if it is under the wrong section. I have a container with 12 charts inside it in a Grid view. The client's requirement is to view the 12 charts side by side for comparison purposes, which is the reason I'm using a container. The container is set to 2 columns by 6 rows and is scrollable downwards. Obviously the charts are quite small but big enough to compare trends, etc. What we thought would be good would to then be able to maximise the container to so the charts would become larger. This seems to work fine if there are only 4 charts in the container. However with 12 when you maximise the container it seems to want to fit them all onto one screen so they become stretched and unreadable. I've looked through the properties and can't see anything that would help, does anyone know if it is possible to maximise the container without this happening? I've attached screenshots before and after maximising to show what I mean.

Also, another requirement was to change the view from Grid to Single object view and resize the container via a button. I can't find the correct code to change the Container Type, ie from Single to Grid and vice versa, does anyone have any sample code or a list of properties for the container object (I've looked in the API guide but can't see this property)?

thanks in advance

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Julian,

You can modify the Container properties by Right-click on Container -> Properties -> Presentation tab -> Container type. This will give you the option to change it to Single Object (as compared to teh current Grid Type).

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

SK

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the reply, yes I'm aware of changing the view via the presentation tab. I'm looking for a way to assign a macro to a button to do this, rather than having to change the properties manually.

Also, the initial view that is required is the grid view and to be able to maximise the container whilst in grid view, which presents the issue that the charts become stretched and all on one screen, as per the attachments.

Not applicable
Author

Oh Ok. Pardon me if my response seemed a little too basic..

Any, I am not a huge fan of the container charts since more often than not, they seem to have a mind of their own. And they are very rigid with very little scope for configuration/settings. Hence I tend to avoid those.

But anyway, good luck with your quest. Hope you do get a solution.

Rgds,

SK