Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Multiple Conditions In A Set Analysis Expression

Hello,

I am trying to calculate the YTD sales amount net of YTD freight charges.  The first expression calculates the YTD sales amount and the second expression calculates the freight amount.  I added them together to compute the net YTD sales.  Both expressions work with a Year and Month list box (See attached screen).

The issue is that I am not getting any numbers.  I confirmed that the first expression works, but when I add on the second expression the whole thing fails.  The second expression is a copy of the first one with the additional script at the end (see underlined text below) that represents the freight amount. 

I believe the way I added the underlined text is wrong, but not sure how to correct it.

(sum({$<Year = {$(=max(Year))}, Month = {"<=$(=max({<Year={$(=max(Year))}>} Month))"}>} MainAmount)) +

(sum({$<Year = {$(=max(Year))}, Month = {"<=$(=max({<Year={$(=max(Year))}>} Month))"}, Amount = {"<$(=RowType{6})>} Amount))

Thank you in a advance for any help on this.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Your second expression became:

(sum({$<Year = {$(=max(Year))}, Month = {"<=$(=max({<Year={$(=max(Year))}>} Month))"}, RowType= {6}>} Amount))

View solution in original post

7 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If Amount is a value you are trying to set a condition on a value doing

Amount = {'<$(=RowType{6}')

What is RowType ???

Do you want to verify if AmountType is Less or Equal to a code?

Let me know

Gysbert_Wassenaar

At the very least you need to close the quoting and the curly braces:

Amount = {"<$(=RowType{6})"}

And I have no idea if RowType{6} is anything meaningful

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi Gysbert,

RowType is a field that contains the different amount types.  The number 6 represents the freight amount as follows

RowType = 6 which equals Freight Amount.  

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Your second expression became:

(sum({$<Year = {$(=max(Year))}, Month = {"<=$(=max({<Year={$(=max(Year))}>} Month))"}, RowType= {6}>} Amount))

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Then Amount={"<$(=RowType{6})"} doesn't make sense. If you want to sum the amounts where RowType is smaller than 6 you can use RowType={<6}. If you want only RowType 6 then use RowType={6}.

(sum({$<Year = {$(=max(Year))}, Month = {"<=$(=max({<Year={$(=max(Year))}>} Month))"}>} MainAmount))

+

(sum({$<Year = {$(=max(Year))}, Month = {"<=$(=max({<Year={$(=max(Year))}>} Month))"},RowType={6}>} Amount))

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I see your point.  Thank you! 

asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thank you Alessandro.  That corrected the problem.