Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to show #'s in a pivot table's linear gauge

Hi QV Community -

Is there a setting to show the numeric value along with the pivot table's linear gauge as shown in the attached doc (which was created in a different BI tool)?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Ron,

QlikView and Tableau are slightly different in their approach to presenting the data. In the case of QlikView, I would suggest that you add extra columns next to the Linear Gauge expressions in which you would present the numbers. This has an extra advantage where you can add visual cues to those numbers depending on an extra business rule.

Regards,

Philippe

View solution in original post

3 Replies
pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Ron,

QlikView and Tableau are slightly different in their approach to presenting the data. In the case of QlikView, I would suggest that you add extra columns next to the Linear Gauge expressions in which you would present the numbers. This has an extra advantage where you can add visual cues to those numbers depending on an extra business rule.

Regards,

Philippe

Not applicable
Author

Hi Phillipe -

That will work but it's not optimal for my app.  Do you know if QV has any plans to support the metric in the linear gauge in a future release?

Thank you!

pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

That's is a good question!

Qlik's R&D team are currently finalizing the development of QlikView.next, which will feature numerous changes and functional improvements to the presentation layer. At this point though, the advanced Beta program is restricted to a few selected people, so I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet. I'm sorry to say that I can't give you more insight to what's coming soon at this point.

Regards,

Philippe