I'm trying to use custom arrows and icons

I'm trying to embed the files into the qvw using the following script

BUNDLE LOAD * INLINE [

Img, Image

sad, smile_sad_48.png

grin, smile_grin_48.png

];

then into an expression to call the icon like that

=if($(var1)>$(var2), 'qmem://Img/smile_sad_48.png','qmem://Img/smile_grin_48.png')

It does not work

I changed the reference png to bundled ones an it works:

=if($(var1)>$(var2), 'qmem://Img/smile_sad_48.png','qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/led_g.png')

13 Replies
anthonyeeles
Contributor II
Contributor II

You, my friend, are a wonderful human being. This has been driving me mad for about 2 hours before I stumbled on this post.

I can confirm that putting the bundle load at the very end of the script works, where it won't if it's in the middle of the script.

QlikTech, could you put this handy little nugget of info in the user guide?, or maybe just make it work in the middle of the script?

Not applicable
Author

The same thing happened to me.  It was working, but then it stopped working until I put the load statement at the end of the script, then everything fine again.  I checked all the column names, no duplicates.  If anyone can shed any light on this I would still like to understand why this may be happening, please.

Not applicable
Author

Exacly the same here

loading images has to be at the end of the script !!

maybe a bug ??

siddharth_kulka
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Rob, am struggling with the application of bundle, could you take a look please - 

Back end Script (Note: Attachment.Body is the BLOB image field, Attachment.ParentId is the key field, data extracted directly from Salesforce using Salesforce connector):-

ImageTable:
Bundle Info
load
Attachment.ParentId,
Attachment.Body;

SELECT
Attachment.ParentId,
Attachment.Body
FROM Attachment;

DateTable:
LOAD
Attachment.ParentId,
Attachment.LastModifiedDate
FROM
[Date.qvd] (qvd);

UI (Text Box):

1. How should the expression be written? What will replace the question Mark in below try?

'qmem://ParentId/?'

Requirement: A picture should show up in the text box when the corresponding Parent ID is selected from a UI filter (always one selected)

2. Info function doesn't work either. Example: info(Parent ID). Why is that? 

Thanks,

Sid