Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QMC scheduler loses task schedules

we have 11.2 SR3. It has been running well for the last 3 months but today all tasks stopped running and when we checked, none of the jobs had a scheduled date to run.  Performing a quick update on the task (ie uncheck enable, check enable) puts the scheduled date back on. Hitting the play button does not immediately fire the job and We have to wait minutes until the job starts and also takes a long time to finish. It doesn't kick off dependent jobs either.

we have restarted the server and publisher services and rebooted the servers. Nothing seems to help.

any ideas?

7 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

1. Take a look in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\Log for errors or other clues.

2. Examine your QVPR using http://qlikviewcookbook.com/recipes/download-info/qvpr-analysis/  . That might give yo some clues.

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Rob,

We will also investigate per your suggestions. Our developer managed to resolve the issue by reducing the task distributions. We were distributing a large number of QVWs to our primary server, but we were also distributing the same number of QVWs to our backup server (using the QMC). We thought perhaps it was too much of a load and our developer removed the distribution to the backup server and then the scheduler started working again.

QlikSupport sent us a PDF tech doc more or less verifying there is a task # limit. The doc stated if we have 70+ more tasks, the scheduler stops.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob,

We have updated some tasks and created a new task. Right after

It had the following error repeated in ManagementService Log:

3/19/2014 11:03:43.1972056      
Information        Failed to send message to
execution service. Message is removed from queue. Error details : (if
(workorderResult.QDSeRotateResult) - SendSaveAllTasks) Failed to contact
distributionservice at http://PUBLISHERSERVER25:4720/QDS/Service

As Joe said we were distributing to PROD and TEST QV servers. When distributions to TEST stopped, it healed all schedules and task executions went back to normal.

Ersen

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

If they are proposing that there is a limit of 70 overall tasks, that has not been my experience. I have customers running hundreds of tasks. But I'm glad you got it fixed.

What you said about multiple servers rings a bell though. When mucking around with that kind of environment the service ids can get mixed up in the QVPR and you can wind up with orphans. I don't mean to suggest it it's a bug, it's that I've done this to myself when adding and subtracting servers.

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This kept happening to us until we lowered "QMSChunkSize" (ours is currently at 10) in QVManagementService.exe.config.

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, open C:\Program Files\QlikView\Management Service\QVManagementService.exe.config where you have install tour QMS service, adjust the QMSChunkSize to 20.  Restart the QMS service and see if all task is back in "waiting mode"

Not applicable
Author

Qlikview suggested adjusting QMSChunkSize for QV 11.2 SR2 version to fix known bug. It is fixed in 11.2 SR3 what the support says.