cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ektarathi
Contributor III
Contributor III

Questions on Google Map in Qlikview 9

I am trying to implement Google maps in Qlikview 9.With the help on many discussion threads in community, I have successfully implemented the google maps, but I have two concerns :--

1) Can we somehow increase the richness of Google map in qlikview(while still seeing the entire map, and not some portion of it).I have attached how my maps look now, while I make no selection on Country. I was hoping to make it more rich/clear in look. Is that possible?

2) As you will see in the first screenshot of the attachment, there is some blank area above map. This blank area comes when I select Dynamic Image with formula as :-- 'http://maps.google.com/maps/api/staticmap?center=' & num(var_mid_lat, '##############', '.', ',' ) & ','&num(var_mid_long, '##############', '.', ',' ) &' & zoom=$(var_zoom)' & '&maptype='& var_maptype &'&size='& map_size_x & 'x'&map_size_y & '& sensor=false' and check 'Plot Area Only' box.(I have made a scatter chart)

As shown in my second attachment, if I remove plot area only checkbox, the blank area goes off, but the data points are not in correct location than. Like data point for country India, shows even below Srilanka. What can be done to remove the blank space, and still have data points on correct locations.

The entire script is also mentioned in the attachment. Any help is greatly appreciated.

6 Replies
sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi ekta,

There is no attachment attached.

ektarathi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sushuil,

Thanks for making me realize.Just added the attachment.Let me know if you have any suggestions.Thanks!!

ektarathi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks SushilI have addded the attachmment now.Let me know if you have any suggestion.

sushil353
Master II
Master II

Hi Ekta,

Color formatting and other stuff can easily changed by google maps static api wizard. using this wizard you can modifiy the url which you are using in color tab or your scatter chart. below is the link and you need to explore it a little bit:

Google Maps API Styled Map Wizard

Now for your space issue in maps try to change the dimensions of your chart.. you can change it from script.

map_size_x= '500';

map_size_y= '500';

HTH

Sushil

vikasmahajan

Hii,

Google Map Static (For INDIA)   I have complete guide on how to create google maps in qlkview

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
ektarathi
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sushil,

I tried to use the link you suggested, but the link is not working.So I went thru documents suggested in the link.I saw how can we add paths(roads, highway etc.) in a map..but did not find a way to enhance map color

Could you please help me in case I missed something from your link.