Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reports to pdf and distributing them via Mail

Hello all,

our qlikview files are updated every night. The depending reports should be printed as pdf and sent by mail with the help of publisher enterprise.

For the first, is this possible????

What I have read in forum were the headlines makros, qlikview 9, qv-pdf printer.

But for a qv-beginner it is not so easy to understand.

Can someone give me a summary, please??

(we are using qv 8.5, server, publisher enterprise)

Thanks in advance

Regards CH

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you should have a look to several examples which can send reports via mail. You find some under "Share QlikViews". Fact is, doing it with 8.5 and macros isn´t very easy and needs period of probation.

As far as i know the Publisher in version 9 supports distribution of pdf-reports.

Kind regards.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

The PDF distribution is as add-on for version 9.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Depending on your budget and the performance you need, you can create vbs macros in order to reload if needed , then generate and send pdf reports. I use such functions and it is working fine, but in some cases you can have some errors ( because this needs to run a local qlikview client which can hang or generates some rares strange behaviors).

Or you can purchase PDF engine sold with V9. This will make automatic pdf reports that can be send and manage by administrators on an easier way. But of course, price is not the same.

Rgds,

Sébastien

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

thanks for all for your helpful answers.

ok, I understand now, that it would be practical to upgrade to version 9. When I have improved my qlikview knowledge I will work with macros in the future.

Another solution for me would be a report generation and export as html. Is this also difficult to realize?

Thanks in advance for your answers

Regards CH

Not applicable
Author

Hey,

I might have a solution for you which does not involve writing macros and allows you to export reports in Excel. With this app all you have to do is drag and drop fields into an Excel template and the report will be populated dynamically with the data from your qlikiew data document.

I implemented NPrinting on a client project and the results were pretty good.

Hope this helps

Joseph

Not applicable
Author

Hello all,

I had looked for this kind of operations (sending email with attachments authomatically from QlikView) for long time and I found a couple of videos on YouTube that present a specific tool to compute such operations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfKiEeoxIC8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nye6kqS9nQY&feature=related