Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Chart not resizing - silly question

I have a simple line chart that has dates on dimension axis and sales on y-axis.

I get the chart drawn, but it cuts off after a certain date. It does not show me the entire trend chart over time. I have Size to Data selected, Allow Move/Size selected.

Typically, when I resize my charts, the last data point squeezes in always, but in this case I have to extend the chart all the way to the right.

I don't want to use the X-axis scrollbar as this will be printed in a report as PDF distribution, so it is important to have the chart fit FYTD data in a small space.

Any clues?

I also updated the Max values shows to 365 and it still doesn't show more than 100 data points for the dates

12 Replies
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

So there is an upper limit. I wonder what it is. It is certainly not working for over 100 values

Thanks.

Amir.

=====================

Amirali Vastani

Tel: 646.773.7936

Not applicable

I'm experiencing the same in v11.20. when trying to plot 130 values on a line chart...

In summary:

When reducing the horizontal size of the chart object with the plot in it, there comes a point where it stops crushing/shrinking the plotted line and dimension values get cut off/excluded (from the right). If I change axis into continuous, then the problem is fixed, i.e. the plot line gets shrunken/crushed as one would expect without excluding any dimension values. Actually some dimension labels get dropped since they don't fit (and in the end you end up with only two dimension labels shown that represent well the min and max range being plotted), but I still have all dimension values being plotted although their label isn't shown anymore.

However, when I use the continuous axis option, dimension values shown change into a number and I lose the user friendly labels, i.e. the field used as a dimension is loaded with the Dual() function. It has a "Year-WeekNo" text value and "WeekID" number that is a continously increasing integer value.

Any input from others on how to use a non-continuous axis and still have all dimension values squeezed in would be greatly appreciated. Or how to get the dimension values to cut off from the left (to lose the old values first) (BTW, so far I have not found that new v11 feature "Dimension Limits" can help on that front).

Enabling X-axis scrollbar does not show any scrollbar...

Not applicable

Here is the workaround I found, I probably could have spent days, or forever, to find this trick:

Qlikview Bitz and Pieces: Qlikview - Line chart display trick to avoid horizontal scroll bar