Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
microwin88x
Creator III
Creator III

Using Match() & OSUser() with an Excel File

Hello!

I have my application where there is a Table that has the following fields:

• Client              (Dimension)
  • Category         (Dimension)
  • #Attentions     (Expression)

Each Client belongs to a particular Office where he works. That Office is a Field in my QlikView application.

Today I got a Excel file with a list of Users that should have access to the Table depending on the Office they have assigned.

For example, the file has the following columns:

OfficeUser
Office1User1
Office2User2
Office3User3

So the User1 should only see the information in the Table for the Clients that work in the Office1.

The application has also many other objects which they will be visible for all the users. So I only want to filter  for that Table.

Do you have any idea of how could I do this?

1. Should I load the Excel file in my app?

2. I need to apply the filter only in the Table. But should I apply it over the Dimension CLIENTS or in the Expression #ATTENTIONS? Because I don't want a User to see the CLIENTS from other Offices.

3. I was told that I could use the functions Match() & OSUser(). How could I do this?

Thank you!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You should load this as an authorization table (inside Section Access), with one of the columns containing the OS user name. Label this field NTNAME.

Both fields; OFFICE and NTNAME, should be in upper case. Then go to document properties, Opening and check "Initial data reduction ... "

Read more under Section Access in the manual.

HIC

View solution in original post

1 Reply
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You should load this as an authorization table (inside Section Access), with one of the columns containing the OS user name. Label this field NTNAME.

Both fields; OFFICE and NTNAME, should be in upper case. Then go to document properties, Opening and check "Initial data reduction ... "

Read more under Section Access in the manual.

HIC