Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gouthamkk
Creator
Creator

Set Analysis Expression

Hi Experts,

I am trying to get count of using below expression

count({<[Date Closed] > $(VInputDate)> , <Status={'Closed'}>, <Severity= {'High'}>} Status)

The above expression was working fine without the date comparison "[Date Closed] > $(VInputDate)"

Date Closed is the database filed which has random dates and VinputDate is a variable which changes dynamically. I know this is simple but am struggle to get the total count of the status which Vinputdate is < Date closed.

It would be great if some one could help

Thanks

Goutham

Message was edited by: Goutham Kandukuri

18 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

so what is the expression for your variable? sample data/file will help a lot.

gouthamkk
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Michael,

I tried your expression, getting all 0 in the table

Not applicable

if VInputDate is variable then Remove = sign and use below

count({<[Date Closed] = {"> $(VInputDate)"} , Status={'Closed'}, Severity= {'High'} >} Status)

let see my expression which I am using in my application will help you

if(vFromDate >= Sdate1,sum({<T_Date= {'>=$(vFromDate) <=$(vToDate)'} >}Tday),0)

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

When doing date comparisons, the date format of the two expressions must be the same. How are you entering VInputdate? Check the format of [Date Closed] (easiest way - create a list box and scan through the values to confirm the format and that they are all formatted the same way. If you need to create a specific format:

count({<[Date Closed] = {"> $(=Date(VInputDate, 'DD-MM-YYYY'))"} , Status={'Closed'}, Severity= {'High'}} Status)

(this example assumes Date Closed is in DD-MM-YYYY format)

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You need to be very careful with matching date formats in Set Analysis, your VInputDate variable may need a Date function in it, eg:

=Date(today(), 'DD MMM YYYY')

Where the date format specifier exactly matches the natural format of the Date Closed field.  You could apply a Date function to your load script to ensure you know what the date format is of that field.

gouthamkk
Creator
Creator
Author

I did add sample data

gouthamkk
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Steve,

I did check the format, as requested but i am still getting null values, FYI i did attach sample data

gouthamkk
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Jonathan,

I did try, getting null values just in case, i attached sample data

Not applicable

See attached!

Vinay