Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Overlap Bars on a chart

Hi I'm trying to force bars on a chart to overlap.  This requires the front bar to be thinner that theone behind.

This is what I have so far but can't get the bars to overlap fully.

Overlap Chart 1.png

This is what I was hoping for.

Overlap Chart 2.png

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Rob

16 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You can go to the Chart Properties - Style tab and select subtype as Stacked.

Please find attachment.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

-Khaled

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I dont think that you can get to that chart style directly. It may be possible by overlaying the red bar chart on top of the blue one - but its tricky to get such overlapped objects to behave nicely when the user interacts with them.

Hope that helps

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The closest thing I can think of is the bullet chart extension.

See this example document under the Bullet Chart tab:

http://eu.demo.qlik.com/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=qvdocs/Extension%20Examples.qvw&host=Demo11&a...

This is a bullet chart extension thread with an extension available for download:

http://community.qlik.com/thread/52956

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan, I was trying overlapping two charts but it does get messy.

Not applicable
Author

Johannes, the bullet chart looks an interesting concept and may help illustrate the results better than I was hoping.

How do I get the extention?

Thanks

Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob, did you figure this one out?

I'm having the exact same problem. I've got one bar chart object overlapping another bar chart object, which works fine until you select a dimension with more than ~30 values, at which point the two charts stop lining up... seems a shame that such basic Excel functionality isn't present in Qlikview!

Not applicable
Author

No I couldn't get it to work! may be something we suggest to Qlikview as one of their basic features.

Thanks

Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

On the propertys chart, you can use negatives numbers on the presentation tab (like -4, for example).

test.png

Tks,

André

Not applicable
Author

I'll second that request!