Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
n1ef5ng1
Creator
Creator

Match function to solve?

Hi all, I have two different main data table on my qlikview database.

Throughput (Data) --> Market_Country (Dimension)

Transit (Data) --> Market_Country_TXIT (Dimension)

Basically this shows that these data are somehow not link to the country.

This gives me the problem as when I tried to link both of them up in a table.

In Market_Country and Market_Country_TXIT, this two tables shares the same content, basically countries all over the world.

I would want to create a table that list out all the countries with expression on throughput and transit

Group_Country_Code as Dimension with sum(Throughput) and sum(Transit) will give me correct value for throughput but not transit

Group_Country_Code.Transit as Dimension with sum(Throughput) and sum(Transit) will give me correct value for transit but not throughput.

Is there anyway I can merge, mix, grind, match, wildmatch Group Country Code and Group Country Code transit since both of them carry the same fields

I tried Match(GroupCountryCode,GroupCountryCode.Transit,GroupCountryCode) but fail.

any help ( i cnt edit script, have to do in dimension)

4 Replies
n1ef5ng1
Creator
Creator
Author

anybody can help

n1ef5ng1
Creator
Creator
Author

Attached file example.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

If the two files contain the same or similar sets of data, I would concatenate them into a single file. If the field names differ, then you will need to alias the fields in one or both of the load statements to align them. Something like:

LOAD

Market_Country As Country,

AnotherField As Another,

From Table1;

LOAD

Market_Country_TXIT As Country,

[Some Other Field] As Another,

From Table2;

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
n1ef5ng1
Creator
Creator
Author

I am unable to edit script, able to do it through edit expression