Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Reloading the Script

Hi All,

Can we reload the script on the click of a button object?? If yes, what are the steps to be followed?

Thanks,

Rajesh

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

hi

create a macro

sub reload

ActiveDocument.Reload

end sub

set this macro to run on the click of the button

regards

Peter

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

hi

create a macro

sub reload

ActiveDocument.Reload

end sub

set this macro to run on the click of the button

regards

Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

We have a button and we have applied the macro with the code as specified by you in the above post.

When we 'Test' the macro it works fine. But when we click the button to execute the macro embedded in it, It doesnt work. Are we missing any step??

If yes, can u please brief us the steps to proceed.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Qlik_Trigg
Employee
Employee

Rajesh

Do you want this to happen in a production environment? If all users accessing teh same document on the server are pressing the reload button continuously will anyone see the same viewpoint? What is the impact on performance? Does the data change that rapidly? If you are evaluating QlikView Personal Edition then you are not able to see what can be done with QlikView Server and Publisher. These components can control a schedule for reloading the document, applying security to who can see what documents and also the format the end users can access the documents (download, plugin, AJAX).

Is the search for an answer to your question a need to have this scheduled reload process?

Thanks

John Trigg

Not applicable
Author

Hi John,

Thanks for your wonderful suggestion. what i was trying to do was to display a list of names of vendors and then pass the value to a variable from this list and then to again load the details of only that person. well i have implemented it in the other way and is working fine. I am closing this.Thanks for all your replies.

Thanks,

Rajesh

Not applicable
Author

How to create macro! Can any one help me for this. I want to schedule/automate data reloading. How that can be done!

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rajesh,

Did you ever find out how to make the button work? I am facing a similar problem...

Thanks!

Joost