Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Plugin installed, but does not show up in IE

We're experiencing a General Problem with the QV ActiveX Plugin.

Although installed in the same way on all our machines, some browsers refuse to handle qvw documents. I checked the extensions list of one of these machines, and QV doesn't show up.

Is there something we might have done wrong? It works for most machines, so it can hardly be a misconfiguration, can it?

Thanks a lot in advance / Best wishes

Sebi

Labels (1)
34 Replies
Not applicable
Author

8.50Hi jason,

Our users who have the qlikview plugin installed are experiencing problems. They are unable to view the qlikview pages in IE. It just says could not be opened, or just hangs. Here are the details

IE version is 6

Qlikview plugin version -8.50.6231.5

I have also added the screen shots below.the first is what is the problem

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jason

Our users have the qlikview plug in installed and are using IE6. THis is the version of the plugin -> 8.50.6231.5 . Every time they try to open a qlikview supported application in IE it simply hangs like the screenshot below. Please could you help us.

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi,  Have you got fix for this issue ? I am facing similar issue.  Regards, Arunesh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Keithsmith,

Can you guide me hot to uninstall the ie plugin? Do i do it through control panel?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, it is remove like any application. However, the desktop application installs it how.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.