Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Continue load script after Binary Load

Hi

I am having this problem. I am developing an application where I don’t have access to the business system that the application is connected to. I have created a script to load an excel file that i want to test so that it is working as designed. The excel file is dependent on tables that it loaded previously in the script so I can’t just run a load for the excel script.

I thought that it would be possible to make a binary load first and then run the import of the excel file. But the load script seem to stop after the reload the excel file is not being imported and I get no error messages, Does someone know how to write to have the load script continue after the binary load?

Thanks for any help.

//Fredrik

7 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

If your binary load statement is place at the very first line of the script, there should not be an issue. What is the error you are getting?

Not applicable
Author

I am not getting any error messages but not getting any updated date. It is making the Binary load then not going through the lines I want to test. It is not making that extra import of the excel file only importing the data through the binary load.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Have you tried debugging the script? (Edit Script->next to 'reload' button)

Not applicable
Author

Yes it stands that it gives null values where there is a connection to the excel file.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Try to refer to a new excel and reload with dummy data. Then you could come to a conclusion if the excel itself is the issue.

Not applicable
Author

It is not the excel that is the issue. If I try to load it without the binary load it is loading fine until I come to the tables that are dependent on tables that I want to have access to through the Binary load.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

When you say it stops, does the script complete cleanly or does it stall?

If there is a large synthetic key created by loading the Excel file in after the binary load then this can cause QlikView to get upset and stall without giving an error message.

Ensure that you don't have a table in the QVW you are doing the binary load from that is very similar to the structure of the Excel file.

If you are intending the Excel file to append to the end of an existing table in the data model make sure you use the CONCATENATE statement.

Hope that helps.

Steve