Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Current selections versus total

I am currently trying to create a dimension on a cross tab which lets me easily compare the current selection to the total across all dimensions.

Basically I have two listboxes, A and B.  A user selects item 1 from A and item 2 from B.  I want a cross tab that shows sum of X and sum of Y along the rows, with the users current selections in column 1 and the sums for all selections in column 2.  Any ideas on how I might achieve this with a calculated dimension?

Thanks in advance!

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Can somebody please help?  Starting to really need an answer here.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Could you provide an eg or screenshot to understand the problem better. I am new but let me try as much as I can

Kiru

Not applicable
Author

Kiru,

Example is as follows.  Assume I load the following inline

LOAD * INLINE [

Group,Value1,Value2

A,10,1

A,10,1

A,10,1

B,10,1

B,10,1

C,10,1

];

Now I have a Listbox where the user has selected A only.  I want a crosstab that shows the total for A (the current selections), and the total for B and C (the others) across Value1 and Value2.  If the user changes his/her selection in the Listbox, I need to update the crosstab.

In the example above, crosstab would be all like:

Current Selection | Others

Value1 |                      30  | 30

Value2 |                        3  |  3

Not applicable
Author

Change script to:

CROSSTABLE (ValueType,Value)

LOAD * INLINE [

Group,Value1,Value2

A,10,1

A,10,1

A,10,1

B,10,1

B,10,1

C,10,1

];

Then add chart with Dimension of ValueType and these expressions:

=SUM(Value)

=SUM({1-$}Value)

Not applicable
Author

Clark - Sorry I cannot change the script.  It would not perform and there are many computations which require the script to be the way it is + for end user usability.

Not applicable
Author

Dear Matthew,

PFA, Hope will helps you

Not applicable
Author

Hi Raj,

No this does not help.  As discussed, I cannot use the Crosstable facility.  Data must be in the exact format I proscribed.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Matthew,

Can't you change the appearance of the chart though?

some thg like

Value1 ,value 2 in dimensions and use the above set analysis in 4 diff expressions to show the selected and other values?

Not applicable
Author

What would be preferred is to make a Dimension with Members "Current Selections" and "Others".  COGNOS lets me do this.  Why not QV?