Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
regowins
Creator II
Creator II

Governance Dashboard reload Task failiure with Publisher

Hi All,

Only the governance dashboard task is failing after I split services on two virtual server machines.  I have the following setup:

Server 1 = QVS, QVWS.  The Governance Dashboard, other source documents, and Accesspoint folder reside on this server

Server 2 = QMS, QDS, DSC

Ideally, I think the source folder should be on the same server with QDS. In this case I am doing some testing and I did not want to move all the documents over and kept them on server 1. The only thing I moved over to server 2 was the QVPR to keep all the created tasks.

I have checked all the paths in the QMC and they are UNC mapped to server 1 for QDS and QVS. Also, the configuration paths in the governance document are UNC mapped to the servers. Manual reoad of the governance document works fine and is reading logs from both servers.

I am using v1.1 of Governance Dashboard and server SR5. When I run the task from QMC I get a document failed log file on Server 1 (in the governance folder) and task log file (in QDS folder) on server 2. So at least I know it is getting to the document.

All the  other reload tasks seem to work fine. Only the Governance Dashboard is failing...any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

32 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Use the control panel > Uninstall to uninstall the governance dashboard beta.

During installation, you should not have qlikview desktop running (qv.exe) or any reload that uses qv.exe (for example, an external task that runs a macro.)

Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks

1. so if QVS.exe, qvb.exe or qds.exe is that fine?
  2. Do i need to restart the server before I use Governance dashboard for the first time?
  3. Is it possible to set-up Governance dashboard to do auto scan via reload task on the server. or do we have to manually scan every time before use.
  4. Do I need to install Ops Monitor or other dashboards or just installing Governance 1.1 will be suffice?
  5. We want to monitor how many users are currently configured, who is using what, who uses it the most, who has session license, who has named, etc.
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

1. so if QVS.exe, qvb.exe or qds.exe is that fine? Yes, that is fine
  2. Do i need to restart the server before I use Governance dashboard for the first time? No. Dashboard can run independent of Server or Publisher. It just loads server logs files (if you toggle on "Has Server").
  3. Is it possible to set-up Governance dashboard to do auto scan via reload task on the server. or do we have to manually scan every time before use. Most customers will create a reload task for it in Publisher. Just note that the Governance Dashboard must be installed on each QDS server where it might be reloaded.
  4. Do I need to install Ops Monitor or other dashboards or just installing Governance 1.1 will be suffice? You will be the judge of that. If you do find that the Governance Dashboard does not meet all your needs, please let the community know (good input).
  5. We want to monitor how many users are currently configured, who is using what, who uses it the most, who has session license, who has named, etc.Great. Use the Sessions tab to look at usage.
    Note that the current release does not load the PGO file nor the user directory for each customer, so you are not able to see who "has" a license but is not using it. This is a common, unmet request.
Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks.

So I assume the user info is comming from logs. There is this dashboard that actually work differently have you ever tried integrating its functionality into Governance.

Please have a look.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-5281

Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III

so when you press scan button, it is actually doint the reload.

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Yes.

Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III

i am getting error when i scan.

"External Variables include file cannot be accessed. Please validate path.

Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have made sure all my paths are correct and pointing to installation as per Windows 2003 format

Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III

would governance 1.1 work with 11.0 SR1

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

yes - works with 11.0 SR1

Check the filepath for the external userscript.  If you have the UserConfig.txt stored in c:\programdata\qlikview\scripts\

then you should put c:\programdata\qlikview\scripts\UserConfig.txt in the user config box.