Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Loading tables

Isn't there a way in the load script to give table fields a blanket alias versus assigning an alias by going through each field one by one?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

What do you mean by a blanket alias? All fields renamed in a similar way, such as stripping off the first two characters and then replacing underscores with blanks? I'm not aware of a way. So far as I know, every field must be given an explicit alias. You can also rename fields after the load with a rename statement, but again, I think every field must be renamed explicitly. I suppose you could consider QUALIFY to be a sort of blanket alias, since you can change the names of all fields in a table at once, but only in a very specific way.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

What do you mean by a blanket alias? All fields renamed in a similar way, such as stripping off the first two characters and then replacing underscores with blanks? I'm not aware of a way. So far as I know, every field must be given an explicit alias. You can also rename fields after the load with a rename statement, but again, I think every field must be renamed explicitly. I suppose you could consider QUALIFY to be a sort of blanket alias, since you can change the names of all fields in a table at once, but only in a very specific way.

Not applicable
Author

Qualify is what I was looking for, thanks!!

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Thank you! I am just looking for the same.

siva_boggarapu
Creator II
Creator II

Hello,

Thanks! I am looking for this.