Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

User permissions to reload with leased license

Hello everyone,

I have developed a document for Financial dashboard purposes. This document is fed by a database and some excel spreadsheets that need to be changed every time they want to use the dashboard. So they need to reload after every change they do.

I'm working with a QV 9.00 Server, and opening the document on the server doesn't allow the user to reload the document. I've tried by placing an ActiveDocument.Reload macro button in the document, but it doesn't work either.

Do you know how (where) can I allow the user to reload manually the document? Is there any permission in the server to let the user reloading?

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Being reload is a function of server, the best thing to do is setup an EDX trigger and give the user rights to run it. Check the Server reference manual section 26.2

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens
Author

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, QV Server/Publisher doesn't have section 26.2. I've tried to look for somethign similar but haven't found anything. Any clues?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Here is the manual from the current release of server.[View:http://community.qlik.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/12/6404.Qvs-Reference-Manual.pdf:550:0]

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.