Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
p_noindl
Partner - Contributor III

Extensions

Hi,

anyone knows how to make extensions 'update-ready'? I have the problem that - as soon as I add an additional expression to an existing extension, all extension-objects in a QV-document crash and have to be renewed from scratch.

Many thanks for any advice!

Peter Noindl

4 Replies
simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

What happens when it crashes? What do you mean by renew?

Technically, all extension are built up with each browser refresh (or when clicking/selecting something in the data model).

p_noindl
Author

Sorry,

maybe my description of the problem wasn't clear enough.

We have developed a geomap-extension and are now facing the following problem:

If we add a new field to the extensions properties dialog, which is not a text field, all previously built QV-map-objects don't function any more and have to be rebuilt with the new properties.

Hope that my explanation was understandable now.

Best regards

Not applicable

I had the same problem with the drop down extension. For me removing the extension and saving the document and then applying the changes helped

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Peter,

It's hard to tell without any code but when you add another field as a dimension to your extension QlikView will update.

Meaning a update request are sent to all of the objects on the sheet - so depending one how you have written your extension they will re-draw once the paint function is called.

Judging from your explanation it sounds as you might be targeting the same element in all of your extensions?

Do you have any DOM selectors in there that's not unique? Are you loading any external libraries that might be polluting the global namespace and causing conflicts?