Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to inputbox used in correct way (or) rightway in qlikview?

hi guys,

I created chart and input box in qlikview.I made a variabile in inputbox( i,.e is showmonth) ,I selected the same variable(showmonth) in chart dimensionlimit tab .after I gave a number in inputbox it didnot show right month, for example I entered 3 in inputbox actually it displayed 3 months in chart but the problem is I entered 3 in inputbox  It displayed only 2 months and displayed others. I attached snipping file below this box.please tell me out how to display right months in input box.

Regards:

Madhu

11 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

3 including others

so add 1 to your var in dimension limit

arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III

You pass three then what qlikview is doing that it gives you three calculation two for your month and 1 for all other months. So what you have to to that pass in you dimension limit $(abc)+1

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Massimo Grossi,

actually I saw input box video in you tube after I created input box in qlikview as it is like you tube video .In that video they took bar chart and input box after they made a variable like this (show month  and gave number 3) after that  the same variable they assigned in dimension limit option in bar chart like this  variable (show month) after  that input box works perfectly . The same task I did in my qlikview personal edition but it did not work like that input box video .I want to create like  that  video.  I do not know how to do it  please tell me out. Massimo

Regards:

Madhu

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Muhammad Arsalan,

actually I saw input box video in you tube after I created input box in qlikview as it is like you tube video .In that video they took bar chart and input box after they made a variable like this (show month  and gave number 3) after that  the same variable they assigned in dimension limit option in bar chart like this  variable (show month) after  that input box works perfectly . The same task I did in my qlikview personal edition but it did not work like that input box video .I want to create like  that  video.  I do not know how to do it  please tell me out. Muhammad Arsalan

Regards:

Madhu

maxgro
MVP
MVP

if you flag "Show others" (center red box), when you type 3 in input box the chart displays

3 bars = 2 bars for months + 1 bar for Other

do you want to display 3 months + other when you type 3 in input box?

change the Values (top red box ...) and instead of

$(showmonth)                   

type $(showmonth)+1

showmonth is my variable,replace with your

1.png

arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III

Can u send me the link of that video i think u might miss something.

arsal_90
Creator III
Creator III

Please find the attached file and image. In the image you have to uncheck Show Others then it will show your three months. Please let me know if you still have problem

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Massimo Grossi

Not applicable
Author

thank you muhammad