Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lavanya14
Contributor III
Contributor III

Servies in the Publisher

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me the use of the Qlikview Management Service in the publisher. if this service fails to run what could be the impact.?

Thanks in advance..

3 Replies
jonasheisterkam
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Check the Service User, is it the same as on the QVS, reenter the PW.

Are the ports open, is it on a other server check the firewalls.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Make sure the service account is a member of the local server Administrator Group and QlikView Administrator group.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
gonzaloruizgonz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

HI,

QlikView Management Service is the service that run the user interface for  publisher and server. You can configure the server and also the publisher putting  changes directly in the config files but the qmc is necessary  for the qvpr as example. If this service not run, you will not be able to create tasks, administrate the server licenses and more. You need this service on  running for administrations propose, is this fail i think your QVS will still work but i not sure if your reloads and distributions still runs. Just try .

BR//Gonza