Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem with rounding off page 67 (Tutorial)

Hello,

Im following the Qlikview tutorial atm which is great fun but im stumbled on this little problem. On page 67 it says you need to round off the total sales per country. I follow all the steps till 5 and click OK but it keeps adding 3 decimals.

For example: Japan: 240,781 and U.S.A: 202,455

What i want is what the tutorial tells me to, rounding off so the numbers come up as thousands like 241 and 202 on top of my bars.

I hope someone can give me a few hints on how to resolve this problem. Following the instructions doesnt give me the right result.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

OhOoh,

now I know on what point you are. And ... thats a BUG in 9.0 ! This nice feature doesn't work in the newest version. The support promised me that it will solved in the next SR.

Have Fun

Alex:)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

I have no idea on the manual, but have you tried an expression like

ROUND(MyValue / 1000)

HTH
Peter

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I cant find the right Page in the Manual which manual do you use?

Can you post the Formula?

The right formula for ronding to thousands is round(<Value>,1000)

Have Fun

Not applicable
Author

I'm using a manual/tutorial for my Language (Dutch) so it might be slightly different.

The English version is viewable @ http://www.qlik.com/uploadedImages/Tutorial.pdf

Check out page 67 under Changing the number format. I dont have to do anything with formulas there.

The thing is, I havent used formulas so far since Im still in the learning phase and just following the tutorial (chapter with barcharts and piecharts.)

So when i follow the 6 instructions to change the number format, the bar graph still shows the total sales per country with 3 decimals.

I also noticed, when you set your fixed decimals to 0 and click apply or OK it resets the box to nothing (empty).

I hope someone could give me a hint to fix this without using formulas since its not required by the tutorial.

Not applicable
Author

OhOoh,

now I know on what point you are. And ... thats a BUG in 9.0 ! This nice feature doesn't work in the newest version. The support promised me that it will solved in the next SR.

Have Fun

Not applicable
Author

Yikes!

Ok thanks for your quick response. My question has been answered then 🙂

Onwards to the next chapters! Thanks again.

Regards.

Michael.