Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

create report in qlikview

Hello I need help. I need to create a report in qlikview, but I can not create the report, and I went to the report menu and Edit Report Edit Report Option But I appears disabled and does not allow me access. I have an organization chart, which is what I want to generate the report. but pictures are formed by images org png. Then do not know if that's why not let me enable the option to Edit Report.

Try Brir a new sheet in the same project and put a graphic object and try again to create the report in the new sheet but I grayed the Edit Options Report.

I advise you do or another option can be used to create the informe.Orientenme please am new using qlikview

thanks

3 Replies
Greg_Williams
Employee
Employee

Have you tried going to View > Turn on/off Web View...

If this is a Web Extension, if you are viewing in the QlikView Desktop, you will need to change to Web View to see the web extension.

Hope this Helps.

~Greg

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your attention Greg Williams.

and if so, try as you say. and if the option is enabled. But when disable Web View no longer shows me the chart shows a table with records that were shown in the tables of organization chart. So what I want to show in the report is the chart table and not the table. I have QlikView version 11., and my browser is InternetExporer 10. No one should have to see something both versions of applications? or my Navigator must be the same version of QlikView?

thanks

Greg_Williams
Employee
Employee

To clarify my original post, there are two "clients" used in QlikView.

1. Ajax. This is used with a web browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, Opera). No plug-in is required. In Ajax mode, web extensions (typically Javascript or .net built) can appear and be interactive (potentially).

2. QlikView Desktop. This is a thick client software application that is installed on your local computer. You will need to turn on Web View to view the Ajax components, if you have Ajax components in your application. I was presuming you were referring to an Ajax web extension when you wrote organization chart.

Note - In the QlikView Desktop client - you might not see the Ajax web extension object. It might look as though it does not exist. This is why either: 1. Web View must be turned on in client or 2. view the object in the internet browser Ajax client.

If this is another issue, and you are trying to learn why you are not seeing an intended object at a specific time...is there security turned on?...Section Access applied to this QlikView application?

Hope this Helps.

~Greg