Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get a licence from QV Server ?

Hello,

I am beginning with the Server version of QV.

I am trying to open an application and I get the message telling me that I can't (because I don't have any license).

I have read somewhere I have to "rent" a licence using Qlikview Management Console.

I go there and look for my ID in User tab. I see my type is "Named CAL" but well, I don't know where to say that I want a license.

Can anybody help me ?

Thank you

Have a good day

Laura

7 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Laura,

First, you need communication between your computer and the QlikView Server by means of port TCP 4747, so check that your firewall allows it.

Second, open QlikView, go to Window, Start page, Open In Server, check "Show Options" and make sure those are the credentials to which the license has been assigned, then click Open and open any document you can see in the list.

That will make the QlikView Server lease you a license.

Miguel

maxgro
MVP
MVP

here for detail

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2993

in short

open a document (in the access point, not qmc) with ie plugin (internet explorer browser)

or with qlikview desktop using open in server (start page of qlikview desktop)

Not applicable
Author

I have some trouble with the access point so my only option is to open a document using open in server.

I read the documentation and If if I put qvp://localhost  as in the example, it seems to work. But the applications I want to open are in another computer so I write : qvp://172.18.60.246  (the IP of this other computer)

and I get the error " Failed to reach to server 172.18.60.246: -1 Switching to HTTP tunneling Connected to Server Ok. Security access Denied"

Also when I put qvp://172.18.60.246 , Qlikview added "qvq" and I got qvp://qvq/172.18.60.246, If I dont remove this "qvq" , the error message becomes "Connected to server, Negotiations timed out"

Any idea ?

Thank you for your help

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

To be able to open apps in other computer, this computer must run a QlikView Server. So the question is: is 172.18.60.246 running a valid, licensed instance of QlikView Server?

• If the answer is yes, then the port TCP 4747 is not reachable, or not accepting connections or any other communications issue from the requester computer to the provider (firewall, proxy, router, etc.).
  • If the answer is no, then first you need to install QlikView Server.

By the way, make sure both client and server are running the same version of QlikView. (e.g: 11.20 SR5 release 12235).

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Actually, I was not trying on the right server.

If I put

qvp://localhost

*i get an error message "negotiation timed out", what does that mean ?

Isn't localhost always supposed to work ?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Nope, "localhost" means your own computer. If you don't have QlikView Server installed onto your own computer, that will not work.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

try leasing a license using this document