Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to find *.msi file while installing server

Hi all,

I am new to qlikview. Can someone guide me on how to install it. I have followed the reference manual. But stopped here as i was not able to find the mentioned *.msi file in the given path.

Hope some can help me out so that i can start the deployment.

After installing and restarting the system i am unable to find required *.msi file. For reference i have copied the screen shot of that.

error loading image

Also i am not able to find the path as mentioned as optional in the reference manual

C:\Users\username\App-Data\Local

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Reference manual points~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Obtaining the MSI package
If you need the msi package for installation you have to extract it from the
exe file.

1 Start the installation from the exe file and let the first dialog open.
2 In the temp folder in C:\Documents and Settings\username\
Local Settings, or C:\Users\username\App-
Data\Local depending on you operating system, you will find the
msi file under a random name, e.g. ed34g.msi.

3 Copy the msi file to a location of your choice.
4 Exit the exe installation.
5 Install using the msi (see below for silent installation). See also
Deploying MSI packages with Group policies in Appendix D.

Silent Installation

To make a silent installation start the msi file, 32-bit or 64-bit, from the command
line with the following parameters for the msi package:
msiexec /i QvsSetupRedist.msi MYUSERNAME=domain\username
MYPASSWORD=password /l*v log.txt /qn
and for the exe file:
msiexec /i QvsSetupRedist.exe MYUSERNAME=domain\username
MYPASSWORD=password /l*v log.txt /qn
where domain\username is the domain and username of the user you wish the
QlikView Server/Publisher services to run as, password is the password of that user,
/l*v creates a log for the installation and /qn makes the installation silent.

16 Replies
gajapathy74
Creator II
Creator II

We already downloaded those documents and QVclient, but I was looking for the Server. Anyway thank you for your response and kind.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

All the installation file is available there only. Please check properly!

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

dsjain wrote:My i know what do you mean by SDS here

Software Distribution System. Used to do automatic and remote installs. You don't need to use this or the msi file, your install is complete after running the *.exe.

-Rob

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Go to My Computer >Manage >Local Users and Groups >Groups >QlikView Administrators and add the user account here.

Not applicable
Author

Go to My Computer >Manage >Local Users and Groups >Groups >QlikView Administrators and add the user account here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Rob,

Thanks a ton for you reply! As said i am not able to find QlikView Administrator to add the user account. Let me know where i am going wrong.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You should have a Qlikview Administrators group after installation. Let's continue the discussion in this thread:

http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/23726.aspx

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

Hi Rob!

Yes! I don't why Qlikview Administrators group is not created even after installing it. By the for your information it didn't ask for any server license key at the time of installing the server. Is that happening because of license issue? Any trail version is available to that i can try the deployment part till we get the license key.

Also i did not any find any of your post in this forum http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/23726.aspx . Hope to receive your post soon!