Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Problem creating the report to show only latest status of the project

Hi, everyone,

I am creating project management tool and do collect daily updates from project leaders. Let's assume task 10 was named as "Develop detailed plan" on 1 Jan 2014 and next day description has changed to "Develop detailed strategic plan". I want to create pivot chart where only latest possible descriptions will be displayed. My idea is to create calculated dimension to compare current date of record with max date possible for this task, and set to Null if it's not for further surpression. However I can't make it work. I have tried to illustrate this below:

Any help will be very much appreciated.

17-04-2014 12-58-10.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

example for you:

i hope, that it helps

Darek

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

try with FirstSortedValue()

regards

Darek

Not applicable
Author

example for you:

i hope, that it helps

Darek

Not applicable
Author

Darek, thanks for the help.

Not applicable
Author

Nikita,

remember to considert that:

irstsortedvalue ([ distinct ] expression [, sort-weight [, n ]])

Returns the first value of expression sorted by corresponding sort-weight when expression is iterated over a number of records as defined by a group by clause. Sort-weight should return a numeric value where the lowest value will render the corresponding value of expression to be sorted first. By preceding the sort-value expression with a minus sign, the function will return the last value instead. If more than one value of expression share the same lowest sort-order, the function will return NULL. By stating an n larger than 1, the nth value in order will be returned. If the word distinct occurs before the expression, all duplicates will be disregarded.

If you know, that with one date there may be more statuses, you must do something with them in script, to make them unique (if you want to present only one). If you like to present both in that case, u should consider rather rank with set analysis, i think or aybe dimension limits .....

So, take care

regards

Darek