Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

qvb.exe Lowering CPU Priority

Hi

We have both QV Server & Publisher running on the same.  Yup I know that is not recommended, but unfortunately that is where we are.

Does anybody have any experience on lowering the qvb.exe process CPU priority ?

On the web I have found a utility called Process Tamer and am considering it to lower CPU priority for qvb.exe and force qvs.exe to higher priority, would this be wise ?

Has anyone used any other methods ?

Best Regards,     Bill

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

there are a tool called QvAffinityConfigurator,

Regards

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Michael

Many thanks for pointing me towards QvAffinityConfigurator.  I have found it on github.com.

I am on leave next week, but will certainly have a look at it after that.

Best Regards,     Bill

woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Bill

did you lower the CPU priorty successfully ? if you do , how do you do that ?

thanks

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\Configuration.xml, look for a QVBConfig line. Change the value for CPUPriority at the end of that line (shut down the QDS service first).

By default it is already set to "Low" and IMHO you can't go any "Lower".

Changing this configuration option may easily lock-up your QlikView server. Use at your own risk.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Since April 2014 when I was messing about with this on QlikView we have now upgraded to Qlik Sense, and to be honest I cannot remember the details - Apart from that the end results were neutral, as in nothing broke but I got no tangible positive improvements.

I would agree with Peter's recommendation for caution, and since for me it made no discernible difference to me maybe you should be prudent and avoid wasting time with it.

I think the bottom line is to follow best practice recommendations and accept the fact that if server are overloaded then the best way forwards is to replace / upgrade them appropriately.