Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

one button to select and deselect values in a field

dear all,

I can achieve the following with two separate buttons and it is a fairly easy task

fieldA: select values x,y,z

fieldA: no selections

How can I indeed have just one button doing that? You click it, it selects x,y,x, you re-click on it and all selections for that field are cleared?

thank you!

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

sweet, thank you Gysbert, I was not aware of this function!

qlikviewerma
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Gysbert,

hi Qlik-Community,

thanks to your great description and your qvw I've managed to include the filter button in my application. The only thing I'm struggling with is that instead of selecting certain values I'd like to select/deselect all values except for one by clicking the button. Unfortunately I have no idea where I can reverse the selection.

I'm not sure whether this is the right "place" to ask for advice but I thought that it would be most suitable in here since a new thread would most likely end up in a completely different solution (meant in an unbiased way) and I somehow got the feeling that the solution above simply needs a little change to make my wish come true

Kind regards

Patric

Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can use the Select Excluded action to invert a selection.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
qlikviewerma
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Gysbert,

thanks a lot for your advice

Kind regards

Patric

Julia_P
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Gysbert,

Thank you for the solution. It is really helpful but there is still an issue with it. When I clean the selection from the navigation tab or current selection box, the button itself, and the variable that stands behind it do not change accordingly. How can I solve it? 

Thank you again and look forward to hearing from you.

Julia