Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access not working in Publisher

Hi All,

I have applied the section Access based on NTNAME in my application. When I am scheduling the application for reload using publisher and opening it throught access point it shows error mgs 'Failed to open Document,You dont have access to this Document'

But when I implement the Section Access without the Publisher its working fine .

I want to implement the section access based on NTNAME and reload the application using the Publisher.. Can any one guide me what more I have to consider in the section access to achive this .

Regards,

ELakkian.

19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

hi Bill,

the fields for the service account is left blank . only the ACCESS, USERID is given except all are left blank only.

- Elakkian

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Can you post your section access script?

Bil

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

SECTION Access;

LOAD if(len(Access)=0,'ADMIN',Upper(Access)) as ACCESS,

UserID as NTNAME,

Upper(if(Len(trim([QCompany Code]))=0,'ALL',[QCompany Code])) as GROUP

FROM

[..\..\Data Sources\Access.xlsx]

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Don't use ALL but * (Wildcard) for unfilled QCompyna Codes

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

The NTNAME field must also be stored as UPPER case in the section access table.

Keep in mind that the reduction field will be in upper case in the section access table, which means it also must be in upper case in the data model. The reduction is case sensitive.

Does your publisher task have a reduction? Or is only a plain reload?

Not applicable
Author

hi tko,

Thats why i am using the upper function...

yes my task has a reduction

-Elakkian

Not applicable
Author

Hi Elakkian,

Use the wildcard (*) character in your section access to grant full permission to yourself.

Please see attached excel file and use the script below...

star is *;

Section Access;

LOAD

Upper(Access)) as ACCESS,

UserID as NTNAME,

QCompany as GROUP

FROM

[..\..\Data Sources\Access.xlsx];

Section Application;

star is *;

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

My suggestion would be start off simple and get it working. Then you can add all the additional stuff and if it doesn't work it is in you code.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

HI Bill Britt,

Actually i did a sample with the same section access code and the excel file... its working perfectly, for other apps also its working but only for this app its not working ... i cant figure outs whats the problem which is violating the section access..

-Elakkian

ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

There are three things that you can evaluate in order to resolve the issue. Please let us know if any of these resolve the issue.

1 All values in the Section Access table must be in UPPER case. Your NTNAMEs are not in upper case

2 If you use Strict Exclusion you can not use 'ALL' as wildcard value. Replace ALL with the star wildcard

3 The Star is * statement is generally not required in the script, so comment or delete them