Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III

Class & Age Function

Morning all!

i use the Class and Age functions to create age bands in a table for employee date of births i.e.

=Class(Age('$(vMyDate)',date_of_birth),5,'Age Band' )  -- where vMyDate is a variable storing todays date

Now this displays perfectly as you'd imagine, as a list of staff by age bands. The problem that i have is that when an age band is selected and therefore the results restricted you cant deselect it to go back to the full list.

i guess this is because the user isn't actually selecting an age band, but what is essentially a function.

does anyone know of any workarounds to make it de-selectable?

thanks in advance

15 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Check enclosed file...

lukaspuschner
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

if you only want to deselect the selected band, may this will help you...

wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Manish, interesting to see a different approach.

It still wont deselect though. QV just thinks its selecting a group of DOB's

Thanks again Manish

wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thanks Lukas

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

You mean to say when you select Say ... 10 <= Age Band < 15, you can't deselect it...

If I wrote above is true, there should be some bugs in your QlikView Version, as I am able to deselect it...

let me know...

wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Manish,

i think it may have something to do with the data model that i'm working with. I dont quite understand to be honest.

its quite confusing! all other tables /charts select/deselect as normal. its just the tables that use calculated dimensions that are proving to be problematic!