Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Creating start - end calendar date

hey guys,

I have this date field called [Claim Close Date], and I want to create two calendars, one for a start date selection, and one for the end date selection in this field. So, it would be a Calendar where they choose the start date, and another calendar where they choose the end date. In both the field is this [Claim Close Date]. Customer will be able to pick a start and a end of the selections.

How do I do that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Similar to attached.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

This should be a good guide http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4247

Not applicable
Author

The link between the "Start date" and "End date" calendars, is through this formula?

Sum({< CalendarDate = {'>=$(=Date(vStartDate))<=$(=Date(vEndDate))'} >} SalesAmount)

???

Do I have to add this set analysis in all my graphics, so it would work choosing in the calendars? I wanted not to have this set analysis added to all my graphics, too much work... or don't i need that?

Not applicable
Author

Added to it, if I choose in a simple box with Year([Claim Close Date]) the values where I used the set analysis doesn't get affected, because the variables did not change, so, either I have everything being used in terms of [Claim Close Date], or, everything in terms of the VStartDate and VEndDate...

Or do I have a way out of this?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Instead of the set analysis, you can use an action to select on your field depending on your two calendar variable, triggered by a button or the calendar variable change.

Not applicable
Author

and how do I do that exactly? O.o

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Similar to attached.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you, this one is worthy working with (: