cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joining multiple tables, and then converting rows to columns

Hello --

I have a project to create a production variance dashboard. I'm in the initial stages of trying to gather all of my data.

One of the key aspects to this dashboard is it needs to display a straight table that shows the work orders completed on a day, the qty completed, and break out the material, labor, and overhead costs to then calculate some variances.

They wish to see this table like so:

Part NoWork OrderQty CompletedStd. Material CostStd. Labor CostStd. Overhead Cost
123456XYZ10.05.28.32

The trouble I am having is that my data exists in 3 tables as follows:

Transaction Table:

Part NumberWork OrderQty Completed
123456XYZ10

Cost Table:

Part NumberCost_IDStd. Cost

Cost_ID Table:

Cost_IDCost_Description
1Std. Material Cost
2Std. Labor Cost
3Std. Overhead Cost

How do I join these various tables together, while converting the "rows" of the cost descriptions into columns in order to display the values the way they wish? Further more, I'll then need to utilize the various costs to do further calculations.

I appreciate your help!

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

i see.

in fact, even having data model i proposed, u may still use straight table. Simple create expressions for each KPI using set analysis.

Of course you may also create your model like Marco suggested. Of course the question is, what else (except this chart) you plan to do in your application

regards

Darek

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes! This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much.

Now I can display the data in the straight table, but still have access to the raw information for other sheets/visualizations within the application.

Thank you again!