Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bar chart with bucket, two dimensions, and one expression

Hi all,

I have a question that I think involves IntervalMatch for two separate types of counts of objects, but I'm not sure.  Any suggestions or tips would be great!

I need to create a grouped bar chart that has two sets of bars - one for a bucket for a count of items between 0 and 5, and a second bucket for a count of items between 6 and 10.  I need to count two different types of items (a count of all serial numbers and a count of activated serial numbers).  Then I total the number of companies for each of these two metrics.  I imagine the chart will have four bars, grouped in twos.  Group 1 will represent 0-5 for both metrics, and Group 2 will represent 6-10 for both metrics.  Metric 1 will be Color1 and Metric 2 will be color 2, in both groups of bars.  The expression is a count of companies that have a total of all serial numbers and activated serial numbers in that bucket.

Hopefully that makes at least some sense.  I'm attaching a mock-up in Excel to help explain what I am visualizing and understand I am being asked for.

Thanks!

Robin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Ofcourse, and even easier

View solution in original post

14 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Kindly provide sample data...

Not applicable
Author

Sure, here you go.  The data structure for this is actually pretty simple - all three columns are in the same table - CompanyName, CountTotalSNs, CountActiveSNs.  See attached (field names are slightly different there), on a separate worksheet.  Thanks for the help!

Robin

Not applicable
Author

May you provide in your xls what result should be for your sample data?

Is it possible, that company has more active than total SN?:

Company 136
Company 227

What if active is less than 6 and total is more than 5?

regards

Darek

MarcoWedel

can you explain, how the companies are grouped into the categories "0-5" and "6-10"?

Not applicable
Author

Doesn't matter, really.  I just generated sample data quickly for folks to see.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, sorry, that's important.  Companies are grouped into the 0-5 and 6-10 buckets based on the number of total serial numbers, and active serial numbers.  So Company 1 would fall into the 0-5 bucket for Total SNs and the 6-10 bucket for the Activated SNs.  Company 5 however would fall into the 0-5 bucket for both Total SNs and Activated SNs.  Thank you all!

Institution# Total SNs# Activated SNs
Company 136
Company 227
Company 355
Company 411
Company 522
Company 633
Company 744
Company 855
Company 966
Company 10101
Not applicable
Author

so please provide values (on your chart in xls ) you would like to see for this particular case.

I try to understand what is the logic to decide which row to which group on the chart ....

regards

Darek

Not applicable
Author

So, one more question

do you think that number of your buckets (now there are two) and ranges for them (now we have 0-5 for first and 6-10 for 2'nd) will be static, or you think about more dynamic and generic approach - for example you would like to read buckets and ranges for them from some xls ... ?????

regards

Darek

Not applicable
Author

For me it may be good direction.

Let me know what do you think about it.

regards

Darek