Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

List Box Used to Filter a Column with Mulitple Variables

I have a list box with a list of different products / services offered by my company as such:

Product1

Product2

Product3

Product4

Product5

Then I also have a straight table that includes details about projects related to these different products, which some can have multiple products included.

What I am tryiing to do is when I select Product1 in the list box, I want the straight table to filter those projects in which include Product1.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Apologies

See attached

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If your tables with projects and products are associated, you will get it in standard

Not applicable
Author

The list box and table variable is Product, however when I click on Product1 in the list box, it doesn't bring up anything.  I think it's because the Product field in the table shows Product1;Product2;Product3 if there are multiple Products assigned to a project.

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

use

SUBFIELD(Product,';',) as Product

and then try

Not applicable
Author

The problem with that if I do that the project in the table is duplicated if it has multiple Products.....can the list box somehow search like a CONTAINS statement...so for all projects that CONTAINS Product1, return it?

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Can you post a sample or even an image of what the list box looks like currently

Regards

Alan

Not applicable
Author

Chris,

Please share your application with sample data.

Regards

Darek

25-04-2014 17:37 użytkownik "Chris Giermann" <qcwebmaster@qlik.com>

napisał:

Qlik Community <http://community.qlik.com/> List Box Used to

Filter a Column with Mulitple Variables

reply from Chris Giermann<http://community.qlik.com/people/cgiermann?et=watches.email.thread>in *Layout

& Visualizations* - View the full discussion<http://community.qlik.com/message/516365?et=watches.email.thread#516365>

Not applicable
Author

Here is what I am trying to do and I have protected all sensitive information so the blackout portions are other columns giving details about specific projects.  So what I want to do is select 'Deposits' from the list box and have all three of these records still appear.  Then I want to select 'Home Equity' and the middle record disappears.  I have alot of projects that affect multiple products so I want the end user to only focus on their Product line.

Qlikview Example.jpg

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

ok instead of a list box, you can use buttons and use select in field

2014-04-25_1659.png

Also add a clear all selection as the first Action and then add the Select in Field

See the attached

Regards

Alan

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Apologies

See attached