Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Linear Gauge in Pivot Table

Hi all

I have a Linear Gauge expression in a Pivot Table that represents an Engineer's score out of 100%.

At the moment I am using the 'Needle and Fill to Value' mode, which visually is OK, however I would really like the 'Fill to Value' to be their score, and the 'Needle' to be their target (currently 75%).  So when an Engineer fails to meet the target you can easily see it because the fill has not reached the needle.  And when an Engineer exceeds the target the fill actually goes through and past the needle.

Is this possible with a Linear Gauge?  Or can I use another feature?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi James,

Unfortunately segment definitions in a linear gauge mini chart have to be the same across all rows. I've spent some time myself trying to get segment definitions which dynamically adjust across rows but I'm pretty sure this can't be done.

Looks like it's been suggested as an idea...

http://community.qlik.com/ideas/1382

Thanks,

Adam

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Adam.

This is frustrating, as I think there will be a number of people wanting to use Linear Gauges to show actuals vs. targets.

Perhaps this will be added in a subsequent version of QlikView...

mrossoit
Creator II
Creator II

Hi adam.major,

I'd like to vote for the idea you linked but I'm not allowed to see that community area and I can't find it on area's list to ask to the owner to give me the access.

Have you any suggestion on how I could take the opportunity to vote?

Thanks

Regards

MR