Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Please provide me different kind of licenses information at Qlikview

Hi,

Can anybody please provide me different kind of licenses information at Qlikview. atleast where i can get this kind of information.

1) how many types of licenses available like desktop publishes etc

2) what is the mail difference

it may be very basic question but i need to know about this since we want setup a QV enviroment at my office

Thanks in advance

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Sreeharsha

Go through this link

https://expertqv.com/qlikview-licenses

advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Sreeharsha,

QlikView offers four different license types or CALs: (Client Access License)

1- Named User CAL- Based on user or machine identity. In this a user can open unlimited QlikView documents/applications (.qvw file)

2- Document CAL- It allows user to open one document (QlikView application) to which he is assigned to. Multiple Document CAL can be assigned to particular user.

3- Session CAL- Allows any user, identified or anonymous as may reside on server. The session cal is assigned for 15 minutes after which another user may login.

4- Usage CAL- Allows user to access one QlikView document (QlikView application) for 60Minutes/1hour over a period of 28 days.

All CALs are server based so it resides on server. Apart from this cluster licensing is also available for those who require multi-server environment. Also you can lease a license from QlikView desktop machine.

I hope this is informative and hence request to mark this as answer so other community users can get instant results of the post/questions.

Regards

Advait

Join the official Qlik Enthusiast's page here
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6513382/
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Advait,

Can you please tell me the difference between desktop vs publisher vs server

advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Sreeharsha,

QlikView Desktop is a windows based desktop tool that is used by designers and developers to create 1) data model 2) to create the graphical user interface (or QlikView presentation layer-Dashboard). This always gets store in .qvw file format.

Once .qvw file is developed we keep it on QlikView server.

QlikView Server is responsible for communication between clients and the QlikView applications. QlikView Server loads QlikView applications into server memory and distributes to clients.

QlikView Publisher loads data from different data sources (oledb/odbc, xml, xls), reduces the QlikView application and distributes to a QlikView server. It allows looping, reducing and distributing also. This component significantly improves performance of RAM, CPU and QlikView applications.

Its always a good practice to keep QlikView server and Publisher on two different physical machines.

I hope it is informative and more clear  now.

Regards

Advait

Join the official Qlik Enthusiast's page here
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6513382/
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much Advait, It is more helpful

Not applicable
Author

Thanks