Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

No clue how to start the server and deploy the document in web/local

Hi All,

I have completed developing the qlikview application. Later i wanted to deploy it in the web. For that reason i have installed the server. My manager has did something with it and i think he created the mounted folder or something like that but i don't know what it is. That time we were able to see the start here.

error loading image

Later i was trying do so something later i am not able to find the start again. It is like what was above in the picture.

I am newbie! I really don't have any idea as how to deploy the application in web. I am going through the guide but i am not able to understand anything. As it is not straight forward in the guide so finding it difficult. I am refering to Qvs Reference Manual.pdf file. Let me know which guide will be easy for starters to understand it.

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello dsjain,

Your QlikView Server service is displaying as Unlicensed as you need to license it before starting to use QVS. Visit the licenses tab and apply your QVS license and click apply to validate it.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johannes!

Thanks for your reply. Yes, we have not yet purchased the server license yet. I heard that test server can be used for deployment. Also heard that only difference is that it will show the test message in all the charts which was created using the test server.

My manager did created the mounted folder and that time start button did appeared. But later on i don't know what wrong i did the the document which i manager added in the mounted folder itself is not there and because of this start button is also not available.

Please let me know the procedure to be followed to to deploy it without the server license.

I seen in many post saying that they are using only the test server to test the deployment of document into web.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dsjain,

The test license is also a license that needs to be purchased. I'm not certain about pricing on it and I suggest you turn to your account/partner manager for more information regarding different options. Basically the QVS needs a license to run and you will not be able to open documents from the server via client without a license.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johannes!

But as per below post posted by carneyfm he is using free version of server. So if you very sure about it then i will put across request to my management for server license. We thought to deploy the documents using free version then go for deployment. If that it is not possible then let me know in advance!

http://community.qlik.com/forums/t/20345.aspx

Or
MVP
MVP

QlikView Publisher and QlikView Server are not the same thing. Publisher is the component that deals with refreshing documents, generally on a schedule. Server is required to actually run the documents. If you are looking to test QlikView before you purchase it, you should contact your local QlikView partner/retailer and ask for an evaluation license.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Or Shoham!

Thanks for you reply! Let me know whether free/trial version of publisher is available. When i tried to down the publisher from www.qlik.com both the server and publisher files are same in the website. So thought that both the server and publisher are one and same.

Anyway send me the link to download free/trail version of publisher so that i can schedule the document refresh.